Persistence-It can pay off big for you.
By Tal Fighel 15 Comments
Do you know what is one of the main causes for failure in a home based business environment? It is the lack of persistence.
Many people lack persistence because they are not willing to keep on going when they see the first signs of defeat.
The majority of many people, when they first encounter defeat, tend to throw their goals, desires, and purposes overboard. They tend to give up at the first sign of 'failing', while very few keep on going until they reach their desired goals.
When a person starts a home based business opportunity of some sort, it is essential for them to never give up and stay persistent.
Many people will start something, like an internet business, and as soon as they don't see the results that they were looking for, they do the most common thing and that is quitting. It is very important to keep going and to try different approaches.
You see, when I got my first site, http://www.talfighel.com, built for me about a year and a half ago, at first I didn't see any results. I advertised here and there. I spend a lot of money on many advertising techniques that never did me any good but I learned that I have to keep on going and keep trying new things all the time until I do find my advertising niche.
Because of my persistence to try different adverting approaches and my burning desire to succeed, I am now just finding the right ways to get more traffic and more sales.
Now, persistence does not mean this:
You try one advertising strategy and it does not work well. You keep on doing the same thing over and over again. That's not the right word for being persistent. It is just plain silly. Why would anyone keep on doing the same mistake over and over again and never learn from it.
Persistence does mean:
You must try something else until you do find a strategy that does work well and then you can keep on doing it because it is bringing you the results that you are looking for.
So how do you develop a 'persistent' attitude?
1. Have a burning desire to succeed. It is not a need. It is a MUST.
2. Picture yourself reaching your desired goals in your home business or online business.
3. Have faith that you will reach your goals.
4. Have something that can push you on a daily basis to do something. Maybe it is your job that you don't like and this can be a great motivator to never give up. Maybe you want to improve your income, and knowing this will give you the ability to keep on going despite many failures along the way.
5. Tell yourself that you will succeed and you will do what ever it takes to make your business a success. You have to feed your subconscious mind with positive self 'talk.
6. Make your own decision that this will work and don't listen to negative people who will tell you that you should quit. Choosing to be your own boss working from home is YOUR decision and no one else's.
7. Read motivational books and listening to tapes. This will give you the right motivation and encourage you to continue.
8. Associate with the right people who will guide, teach, and encourage you to follow through.
9. Make a commitment. This is one of my favorites. Once you make a commitment, there is no going back or quitting. Ok?
So stay persistent. Never give up. And reach for the stars. You will succeed.
About the author:
Tal Fighel has several websites dedicated to helping people make money, make money at home, and make money online. He is a great mentor and can give you the right tools to make money online here: